Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
About the Role:
Job Code: 43-6014 Status: Full-time, permanent
Exempt: No Salary:
$31,241.60 - $55,078.40
Department: Social Services Division Reports To: ACPS Program Manager
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager for the unit, the Administrative Assistant will perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, and/or providing information to callers. This individual will also be responsible for case management meeting attendance, taking minutes and transcribing. Act as contact person, screening calls, mail, setting appointments and assists the Program Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Answer telephones, and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals. Will greet visitors, assist and direct to appropriate area or person, and answer general questions pertaining to the program.
- Phones answered in a timely courteous manner
- Give appropriate direction to calls and visitors to the building
- Arrange conference, meeting, or travel reservations for office personnel.
- Typing correspondence, maintaining files and archives for the program.
- Enter calendar events, court dates, and client stats.
Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Serve as contact person for clients.
- Attending case management meetings, recording & transcribing minutes, and typing and distributing meeting minutes.
- Ensure that time sheets, mileage, travel requests, and mail are processed in a timely manner.
Attend trainings as offered or as directed by Program Manager
- Order and maintain supplies and arrange for equipment maintenance.
- Order office supplies, submit PO and check requests, as needed for monthly office and vehicles maintenance.
- Manage office flow
- Keep calendar updated for all staff/client and administrative activities
- Set up mailboxes for all staff
- Messages and appointments posted, and staff notified
Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
Will always Promote SRMT in a positive manner.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and personal files maintained within Social Service Division, we must always maintain strict confidentiality.
EDUCATION and /or EXPERIENCE: Minimum a High School diploma or GED with a minimum of one year of office and secretarial work. Preferred a two-yr. certificate/ Associates degree in related field. Some experience working with confidential setting.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES: Strong communication skills, both oral and written; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Directors, staff, community groups, and other related agencies; Extensive knowledge of asset management including financial resources and property, Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; Shall have ability to quickly acquire or have working knowledge of grants and contracts; Must have skill to learn and apply federal and state statutes and regulations impacting the Programs of the Division; experience in the development, implementation, and monitoring of specialized social and developmental programs; Salary to be commensurate with education and/or experience; Basic understanding of computer storage and retrieval.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to express ideas and use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driver abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check, as well as, a State Central Registry Clearance prior to employment.