Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
About the Role:
Job Code: 43-6014 Salary Level: $31,241.60 - $55,078.40
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt Location: Senior Center
Department: Office For the Aging Reports To: Director
SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant facilitates the efficient operation of the Office for the Aging by providing administrative support and leadership to and on behalf of OFA personnel. This position requires the incumbent to demonstrate professionalism to all OFA guests in person to the center and over the phone, and includes the ability to assist or direct guests to the proper offices or OFA personnel for assistance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assists in the implementation of Division goals, Objectives, and Policies
- Assists in the coordination and evaluation of projects and/or program administrative processes
- Gathers, compiles, analyzes, and formats reports and other requested data
- Creates and updates required forms for OFA use
- Inputs, updates, and maintains databases, spreadsheets, and filing systems
- Gathers and submits monthly Vehicle log sheets on OFA vehicles and processes gas receipts obtained for fuel for OFA vehicles; and notes any large variances in mileage or gas receipts for the OFA Director’s attention
- Assists, proofreads, and coordinates the preparation of documents
- Serves as the OFA contact for Building Use by other Tribal programs; and policies and fees for community organizations –provides blank applications and maintains the Calendar
- Coordinates the list of clients for onsite contractual personnel
- Initiates the check request and/or purchase order process for the payment of services rendered or for the purchase of supplies for OFA
- Contacts key vendors in response to the need for emergency repairs
- Complies with HIPPA regulations and maintains confidentiality of any and all client data
- Coordinates staff travel and initiates the procurement process for OFA staff members approved for travel to conferences or other training
- Coordinates the use of the Building with maintenance and setup of tables/chairs
- Copy agendas and all hand-outs for staff meetings
- Handles phone calls, screens and directs calls to the appropriate personnel
- Responds to inquiries, follows through on requests, and problem solves
- Assists with daily client and staff scheduling
- Prepares and distributes correspondence, documents, or other printed information in a timely manner
- Compiles data as needed
- Maintains a daily log of vehicle usage and enters the appropriate data into the data management system for quarterly reports to funding agency
- Maintain professionalism when interacting with the public by phone or in person;
- Distributes all incoming mail to appropriate OFA personnel
- Ensure all OFA personnel are aware of worker safety policies and procedures
- Maintain an inventory of office products and reorder before supplies are exhausted
- Responsible for counting of monies collected on daily basis for various OFA programs and does weekly deposits
- Does the entire Application Process for Lawn Care, Snow Plowing and AC Lending Programs; sends out Approval Letters & Maintains all lists and communicates with the OFA Maintenance Program
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position,
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid driver’s license. Able to work extended office hours when necessary. Able to work through sudden or unexpected interruptions, deadlines, or emergencies. The Administrative Assistant also must have a familiarity with the use of typical office equipment and have extensive computer and research skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma with two years of direct administrative and/or administrative assistant experience. Experience and patience in working with the Elderly.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Experience and patience in working with the Elderly. Have effective oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with Senior Center guests, visitors, the public, and co-workers. Have experience with the suite of Office programs (word, excel, publisher, etc.). Have knowledge of the Akwesasne community. Have the ability to speak the Mohawk language or be willing to learn. Be able to deal with the public with tact and ensure efficient follow-up. Be able to strictly adhere to the Tribe’s confidentiality policy.
REASONING ABILITY: The Administrative Assistant is subject to daily stressful conditions with multiple phones to answer and respond to in-person queries during the morning hours. Afternoon hours are generally less stressful.
Possession of a valid State Driver License in accordance with Fleet Policy.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances and criminal background check prior to employment being confirmed.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe has adopted a “Vaccination Policy” that requires all Health Service employees to be “Fully Vaccinated” against the Coronavirus. Applicants are not required to disclose their vaccination status at the time of application; however, they must do so upon becoming the successful candidate. The successful applicant must submit their proof of vaccination status or they may submit a Medical Exemption form upon being notified that they are the successful candidate. At that point, the policy will apply to them as though they were already employed.