Employer: Akwesasne Housing Authority
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
About the Role:
- Department: Executive
- Supervision: Executive Director
- Classification: Full Time/Non-Exempt
- Pay Range: $15.02 - $26.48 per hour.
- Deadline to Apply: February 17, 2023
Provide administrative support to all departments and successfully conduct all activities related to daily reception for the Akwesasne Housing Authority. Supplies information, maintains files, schedules appointments, produces correspondence and otherwise relieves officials of minor administrative and business detail. Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works in collaboration and under the direct supervision of the Executive Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Executive Department team on a daily basis.
- Is able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Will provide individual assistance (information, guidance) by phone and email.
- Assists with administrative activities related to all departments when required.
- Assists in typing, filing and faxing AHA correspondence as directed.
- Will work closely with AHA staff to maintain complete and accurate tenant and administrative files.
- Logs and sorts incoming mail on a daily basis.
- Prepares and mails all outgoing mail, including interoffice correspondence (SRMT).
- Keeps office machines in working order, such as calling for servicing, as well as replacing ink cartridges and paper supplies on a daily basis for: fax machine, photo copier, calculators, printers, time clock, and postage meter.
- Facilitate monthly board agenda with Executive Director, distribute monthly meeting packets accordingly with required signatures upon meeting conclusion.
- Coordinates travel/training arrangements for all AHA employees, including the Board members.
- Works in collaboration with the A/P Representative to assure employee and Board travel requisitions are reconciled upon return, as per travel policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Answers and accurately triages incoming phone calls (2-3 lines at one time) to appropriate recipient.
- Answers general inquiries and hands out program applications.
- Phone etiquette – Is pleasant and courteous to callers and maintains professionalism at all times.
- Greets incoming clients professionally.
- Takes accurate messages utilizing Outlook to relay to individual staff e-mail except for field staff.
- Coordinate meetings/luncheons as needed.
- Works in collaboration with the office staff to arrange coverage when on leave.
- Maintains a professional appearance of the reception area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have of a commitment to customer service, proven initiative, excellent organizational skills, an excellent work attendance record, and a pleasant personality.
- Have the ability to work harmoniously with others, as well as independently, and be able to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Must also have the ability to make simple arithmetical computations.
- Proficient in multiple computer applications (Microsoft office suite) and others.
- Must have working knowledge of office equipment, such as, fax machine, copier, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Valid driver license
- Two years minimum administrative/secretarial experience or equivalent.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate office machines.
- Confidentially required.
- Successful completion of mandatory drug screening.
How to Apply:
- Please submit a completed Application, Resume and Cover Letter to: Brian Printup, Akwesasne Housing Authority, 378 State Route 37, Akwesasne, New York 13655.
- Telephone: 518-358-9020
The Akwesasne Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Native American preference, fleet and drug testing policy will apply in filling this position.