Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Part Time
Country: United States
Industry(s): Food Safety
About the Role:
ACDP Partridge House
DEPARTMENT: SRMHS Partridge House REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Inpatient Program Coordinator, the per diem Cook will prepare meals and follow establishment recipes. Duties include preparing ingredients, adhering to weekly menu, and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for maintaining all confidentiality standards and regulations of all prospective clients (e.g., federal, state, and tribal).
- Knows and understands all house policies, rules and operating procedures of the Partridge House Inpatient Program relating to patient care and reports any violation of any of these to his/her supervisor or a Clinical Staff Member (Counselor, Program Coordinator, or Clinical Director), as soon as possible.
- Performs all duties in an ethical manner and complies with all ethical standards of SRMT.
- Practice universal precaution: hand washing, wearing gloves, and hairnets.
- Preparation of meals for clients as needed (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), and snacks between meals to meet OASAS regulations.
- Follow prepared menus developed by the Cook and Dietician.
- Understands the importance of the dietary needs of clients in early recovery.
- Understands how to prepare food for people who have diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, kidney disease, obesity, etc.
- Responsible for proper food handling, labeling, and proper storage.
- Responsible for following daily schedule for meal times and the cleaning of appliances and food preparation area.
- Maintain inventory of kitchen essentials: food, cleaning supplies, gloves, meal settings.
- Professional Boundaries: fellow employees and clients, are to be treated with respect, courtesy, fairness, and cooperation;
- Competence: staff are to understand and recognize the boundaries and limitations of their professional competence;
- Client Welfare: client welfare is always the first priority- any conflict on the unit that interferes client welfare or results in a client feeling unsafe is to be reported to a supervisor as soon as possible;
- Other duties, as assigned by the Program Coordinator and Clinical Director.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in food preparation and janitorial skills.
- Possession of a valid Driver License in accordance with Fleet Policy.
- Minimum of two years of sobriety (if a recovering person).
- CPR/First Aid Certified (or willing to be certified within the first three months of work).
- Pass a medical screening, complete with PPD testing, and a current flu shot.
- Knowledge of treatment setting and understanding of 12 step self-help programs is an asset.
- Native American preference applies.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status, or any other non-job-related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
I have reviewed this Job Description with my immediate Supervisor and I understand the contents of it