Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
About the Role:
Job Code: 47-2111.00 Salary Level: $21.28 -$34.65per hour
Exempt: Hourly Location: Facilities Maintenance
Department: Facilities Management Reports To: Mechanical Crew Leader
SUMMARY: The Per Diem Certified Electrician shall be available for on call and planned electrical jobs. The incumbent will be responsible for electrical lay-outs, assembly, installation, testing, troubleshooting, and repairs to electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices, and related equipment in buildings and other structures. Their plans of new or modified installations will minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance and avoid unsightly, hazardous and unreliable wiring consistent with specifications and electrical codes. The Per Diem Electrician will be expected to provide input into system design, installation and coordination, and take part of the initial handover team to plan the job from the onset. The Per Diem Electrician will be responsible for installing and terminating conduit wire, cable, equipment, panels, sensors, and various controls components and devices. Other responsibilities will include the fabrication of control panels, installation of interlocking wiring and performance of wiring check out, and assistance systems start-up, and will be required to participate in job site final walk-through and prepare all as built markup drawings for the design engineer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Plan, lay-out, assemble, install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in buildings and other structures.
- Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes and specifications.
- Troubleshoot and repair Three Phase power systems, motors , controls and equipment, commercial, office and institutional facilities and equipment,
- Troubleshoot and repair Single phase power systems panels, controls equipment , residential and commercial installations,
- Use hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose, locate the cause of, and repair malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components using test equipment.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazard, defects and the need for adjustment or repair to ensure compliance with codes and specifications.
- Advise management on hazardous installations and or equipment that require immediate service, initiate repairs and isolate equipment if deemed an immediate hazard,
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of systems.
- Maintain current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Will coordinate work with the Maintenance Supervisor, Mechanical Crew Leader to ensure work is scheduled and performed under the Q -Ware maintenance operations,
- Coordinates and works with the Electrical Maintenance Technician for training and installation, maintenance, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor responsibilities for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully complete the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or equivalent; completion of qualified electrical engineering, technology and or vocational school and the required electrical apprenticeship program, or holds a valid Electrician Trade Certification, (USA/Canada) and five to ten years experience as a Certified Electrician.
PHYSCIAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Travel to off-site locations may be required
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- May be exposed to construction site
Possession of a valid Driver’s License.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status, or any other non-job related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
I have reviewed this Job Description with my immediate Supervisor and I understand the contents of it.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe has adopted a “Tribal Employee Vaccination Policy” that requires all employees to be “Fully Vaccinated” against the Coronavirus. Applicants are not required to disclose their vaccination status at the time of application; however, they must do so upon becoming the successful candidate. The successful applicant must submit their proof of vaccination status or they may submit a Medical Exemption form upon being notified that they are the successful candidate. At that point, the policy will apply to them as though they were already employed.