Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
Industry(s): Health Services
About the Role:
Job Code: 31.1121 Status: Full Time/Permanent
Exempt: No Location: Health Services
Department: Outreach Chronic Care Department Reports To: Outreach Supervisor
Salary Range: $31,241.60 - $40,060.80
The home health aide will carry out health care tasks under the supervision of the home health care supervisor or nurse case manager. Home health aides shall have successfully completed a basic training program in home health aide services or an equivalent exam approved by the Outreach Department and possesses written evidence of such completion. The home health aide will provide personal care, housekeeping, ROM (Range of Motion) exercises, assist with medications, and most importantly provide companionship to the elderly and medically ill patients.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Follow all policies and procedures within Outreach Chronic Care and SRMHS
- Participate in trainings, workshops and annual skills competency testing, pertinent to scope of practice
- Maintain records of client care, condition, progress, or problems
- Report and discuss observations with supervisor or nurse case manager
- Assist with range of motion exercises
- Assist patient with transfers if needed with gait belt, and transfer board
- Assist patients with nutritional support, meal preparation
- Provide housekeeping including but not limited to: changing bed linens, washing and ironing laundry, cleaning
- Assist prescribed oral medications, under the written direction of physician or as directed by case managing nurse, and ensure patients take their medicine
- Provide companionship, entertain, converse with clients to keep them mentally healthy and alert
- Provide respite care for clients in order to give family members some relief, assist with personal care as needed.
- Work on weekends or evenings with clients.
- To accept other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
Education And/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED
Other Skills and Abilities: Communication both orally and written, Mohawk language and traditions is preferred, physically able to carry out the duties of the position, and maintain confidentiality.
Qualifications: Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy. Successful candidate must pass criminal background check and submit to a drug screening.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
Effective July 3, 2023, the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe no longer requires the COVID-19 Vaccination for any positions within the organization, to include Health Services.