Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
About the Role:
Job Code: 35-2021 Salary Level: $31,241.60 - $40,060.80
Exempt: No Location: Senior Center
Department: Office For the Aging Reports To: Nutrition Coordinator
SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Head Cook, the Kitchen Aide is responsible for performing a variety of food preparation duties such as preparing cold foods and brewing coffee or tea. Preparing and cooking side dishes as needed. Clean dishes, kitchen, food preparation equipment, and utensils. Must be friendly, outgoing, and a team player. Must be caring, courteous and be sensitive to the special needs of the elderly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Take direction from Head Cook.
- Provides seniors and employees with clean and sanitized utensils, plate ware, glassware, and equipment according to sanitation and cleaning procedures.
- Places clean plate ware, glassware, silverware, and pots/pans in specified shelves according to sanitation and cleaning procedures.
- Clean and set tables for congregate meals.
- Assist in preparation of the side dishes, vegetables, desserts.
- Assist in the preparation of chef salad for those not wanting the regular meal during the summer months.
- Assist in preparing the supper bags as requested.
- Assist in the preparation of Home Delivered meals.
- Prepare snack trays for congregate meals.
- Responsible for the daily cleanup and sanitation of the kitchen area, sweep and mop the floors according to schedule.
- Attend required training sessions as needed.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with other kitchen employees to foster and promote a fun and harmonious working climate that maximizes morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Stock inventory when deliveries arrive, date/shelve, organize shelves and supplies as needed.
- Shopping for groceries as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position,
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Position can be learned through job training. Two day orientation required. Mohawk language an asset. Knowledge of food safety and sanitation a must. Job requires standing for long periods of time and must be able to lift up to 30-50 pounds.
REASONING ABILITY: Skills to add, subtract, multiply.
Possession of a valid Driver License in accordance with Fleet Policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances and criminal background check prior to employment being confirmed.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe has adopted a “Vaccination Policy” that requires all Health Service employees to be “Fully Vaccinated” against the Coronavirus. Applicants are not required to disclose their vaccination status at the time of application; however, they must do so upon becoming the successful candidate. The successful applicant must submit their proof of vaccination status or they may submit a Medical Exemption form upon being notified that they are the successful candidate. At that point, the policy will apply to them as though they were already employed.