Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
Industry(s): Childcare & Social Services
About the Role:
Social Services Division
$30,014.40 - $52,915.20
Parent Advocate Coord.
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and Parent Advocate Coordinator, the Parent Advocate will provide support for assigned parents, planning, and implementing parenting education in the home, and providing direct advocacy services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Teaching parenting curriculum on a one-on-one basis, as needed. Facilitate and present during the Monday night parenting sessions when required.
- Provide support for parents, going into the homes, teaching, and modeling parenting skills.
- Provide supervised visitation for youth in foster care, as required. Inform parents of supervised visit guidelines/rules and document each visit with a checklist and typed narrative.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and case supervision for planning and reviewing client goals and objectives. Utilizing tools provided, goal sheets, interest inventory checklist, etc.
- Be familiar with individual service plans and work with the parents to plan for each case to achieve the best results for the children.
- Monitor supervised visits for parents and children in foster care as required. Inform parents of supervised visit guidelines/rules, document supervised visits and type narrative.
- Participate in case management and service plan reviews, meetings regarding clinical substance abuse services, mental health, school, and will consult with primary caseworker assigned to case.
- Attend court and school meetings with the parent when requested.
- Carry a pager; available for crisis call 24 hr. availability, work split shift hours, some evenings, and may include, weekends as needed.
- First Aid and CPR certifications must be kept current.
- Must be able to transport clients to and from various appointments, activities, and school.
- Refer to community service as needed.
- Plan monthly activities that will provide positive interaction between parents and children.
- Submit weekly goal objectives, activity sheets, and progress notes.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Will always Promote SRMT in a positive manner.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and personal files maintained within Social Service Division, we must always maintain strict confidentiality.
EDUCATIONAL and EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED equivalent required; Ability to understand family dynamics; Experience working with adult and teen parents; Strong writing and communication skills; Basic computer knowledge.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES: Will have the ability to deal with and respond appropriately with stressful situations and troubled adolescents. As well as be aware and sensitive to the needs of clients and their families. Must maintain close contact with the Program Manager for planning, developing, and implementing Service Plans. Be able to work closely and communicate professionally within a large staff. Interact professionally with various agencies, the school system, and resource persons when planning community service initiatives.
Required to report suspected child abuse or maltreatment when reasonable cause to suspect that a child is an abused or maltreated child where the parent or guardian, custodian, or other person legally responsible for such child, information come before you, facts, condition, or circumstance which if correct, work render the child an abused or maltreated child. (SSL 415) Mandated Reporters in New York State – certain professionals are required by law to report suspected child abuse or maltreatment to the New York State Central Registry the law also assigns civil and criminal liability to those professionals who do not comply with their mandated reporter responsibilities.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to express ideas and use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
Must be at least 21 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driver abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check, as well as, a State Central Registry Clearance prior to employment.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.