Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
Industry(s): Childcare & Social Services
About the Role:
Job Code: 21-1093 Salary: $31,241.60 - $45,156.80
Status: Full-Time Location: Undisclosed
Department: Community Advocacy Program Reports To: Lead SH/VE Monitor
Summary: Under the direction of the Lead Safe Home/Visitation & Exchange Monitor, the Safe Home/Visitation & Exchange Monitor is responsible for providing support and advocacy services to residents of the program’s confidential safe home shelter who are victims of domestic violence as well as clients participating in supervised visitation and exchanges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Participate in team review meetings as needed to provide status updates to the Lead Safe Home/Visitation & Exchange Monitor to insure effective communication and collaboration between the staff.
- Complete shelter screening, intake and exit procedures.
- Records pertinent information with regard to personnel and client programming.
- Communicate any concerns with regard to operation of the Safe House and or Visitation & Exchange Program to the Lead Safe Home/Visitation & Exchange Monitor and work cooperatively to achieve resolution.
- Monitor shelter activities to maintain a safe and supportive shelter atmosphere.
- Maintain all required shelter paperwork in a timely, accurate, objective, and confidential manner.
- Communicate with callers, shelter residents and staff in a manner that reflects respect and equality among all individuals.
- Provide services for court ordered Supervised Visitation and Exchanges between parents and children under the direction of the Lead Safe Home/Visitation & Exchange Monitor.
- Monitoring of the safety of participants during visitation and suspend or terminate any visit in which the safety of the participants cannot be maintained.
- Provide transportation to a neutral location for exchanges as required.
- Complete required visitation/exchange paperwork in a timely, accurate, objective, and confidential manner.
- Timely recordkeeping including monthly reports and all other required reports as assigned.
- Assist in planning and participating with outreach activities to educate the community on program services relating to domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
- Obtain and Maintain appropriate training and certifications per the CAP Program Manager’s staff training plan.
- Ability and willingness to travel to job-related trainings, conferences and meetings
- Conduct all work in a manner consistent with the policies and procedures of the shelter and of the Community Advocacy Program as a whole.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Education and/or Experience:
A minimum of a high school diploma or GED and one year experience in Human Services or a related field; Three years of experience in a Human Services field and experience working with trauma survivors preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills including word, excel, and experience with varying databases. Computer testing in the applicable skills may be a requirement during the interview process. This position mandates employees to report to or remain at work in the event of an emergency, crisis situation or staff shortage until relieved by their immediate supervisor.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driver abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances and a background check prior to employment being confirmed.
I have reviewed this Job Description with my immediate Supervisor and I understand the contents of it.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Health Services has adopted a “Vaccination Policy” that requires ONLY Health Service employees to be “Fully Vaccinated” against the Coronavirus. The Vaccine requirement DOES NOT apply to positions that are not Health Services employees. Health Service Applicants are not required to disclose their vaccination status at the time of application; however, they must do so upon becoming the successful candidate. The successful applicant must submit their proof of vaccination status or they may submit a Medical Exemption form upon being notified that they are the successful candidate. At that point, the policy will apply to them as though they were already employed.