Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Part Time
Country: United States
About the Role:
Job Code: 33-9032 Salary: $31,241.60 - $49,379.20
Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt Location: Undisclosed
Department: Community Advocacy Program Reports To: Lead Security Guard
Summary: Under the direction of the Community Advocacy Program Lead Security Guard, the Security Guard is responsible to maintain a safe and secure environment for the Safe Home Residents and staff by patrolling and monitoring the building premises and grounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Participate in security team review meetings as needed to provide status updates to the Lead Security Guard to insure effective communication and collaboration between the staff.
- Secures property by patrolling; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points
- Secure premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and property
- Controlling the entrance and departure of employees, visitors and vehicles according to protocols.
- Using provided communication devices such as two-way radios in a clear and concise manner.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Provide detailed reports on daily activities and any incidents that may have occurred to management.
- Reviews logbook and other communication systems daily to keep informed of issues
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours, when necessary contact the on-call advocate for situations requiring immediate attention.
- Presents him/herself in a ready, alert, neat, properly groomed, and professional manner at all times when formally representing the Community Advocacy Program
- Enforces program rules uniformly and consistently
- Responds appropriately to needs and crisis situations, such as mediating basic interpersonal problems between residents and summoning emergency and/or on-call personnel
- Obtain and Maintain appropriate training and certifications per the CAP Program Manager’s staff training plan
- Due to the sensitive nature of information, must maintain strict confidentiality of the location of the Safe House and the identity of its residents at all times.
- Ability and willingness to travel to job-related trainings, conferences and meetings
- Other related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisory requirements for this position.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Education and/or Experience: A minimum of a high school diploma or GED; Experience providing security services preferred; Experience working with trauma survivors preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities: Communication skills to effectively communicate with others, especially in stressful situations; Ability to work alone or as part of a team; Attention to detail; Good judgment in order to quickly identify the best course of action dealing with situations as they arise; Observation skills in order to immediately notice anything out of the ordinary.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driver abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances and pass a background check prior to employment being confirmed.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe has adopted a “Vaccination Policy” that requires all Health Service employees to be “Fully Vaccinated” against the Coronavirus. Applicants are not required to disclose their vaccination status at the time of application; however, they must do so upon becoming the successful candidate. The successful applicant must submit their proof of vaccination status or they may submit a Medical Exemption form upon being notified that they are the successful candidate. At that point, the policy will apply to them as though they were already employed.