Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
About the Role:
Job Code: 33-9031 Salary Level: $20.65 - $28.97
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt Location: S.R.M.T. Gaming Commission Office
Department: TGC/Surveillance Reports To: Surveillance Shift Supervisor
SUMMARY: The Surveillance Operator observes and evaluates employee and customer activity in Gaming Enterprise of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, in gaming and non-gaming areas. The Operator must maintain current on all local, state and federal gaming rules and regulations for Class III and Class II facility. The Operator advises the Surveillance Shift Supervisor of any suspicious activity, produces violation reports, incident reports, and infraction reports. Maintain Tribal and Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Monitor all customer and employee activity in gaming and non-gaming areas at the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort.
- Thorough knowledge of casino operations, casino cheating and embezzlement schemes and the procedures for detecting such.
- Thorough knowledge of Casino Table Games.
- Knowledgeable of all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and System of Accounting and Internal Controls (SAIC’s) of the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino and Mohawk Bingo Palace and enforces those standards.
- Knowledgeable of the Tribal-State Compact between the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe and State of New York for the conduct of Class III and Class II gaming on the Saint Regis Reservation.
- Remain current on local, state and federal gaming rules and regulations.
- Safeguards the assets of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe.
- Advises Surveillance Shift Supervisor and submits reports when incidents, infraction and violations occur.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Surveillance equipment and room.
- Performs Close Watch when assigned.
- Performs reviews and completes dubs as needed.
- Required to work rotating shifts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures outlined in the St. Regis Mohawk Tribe Personnel Policy.
- Other duties as assigned by Surveillance Director.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information within Surveillance, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Preferred Table Games or Casino Operations knowledge.
- Good Oral and Written skills
- Must obtain and maintain a New York State certification and Saint Regis Mohawk Tribal Gaming License.
- Native preference in filling this position. Applicants not entitled to preference will receive consideration without discrimination based on age, sex, disability or national origin.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age and have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 2-year Associate Degree Preferred
- Knowledge of Casino Operations, Casino cheating and embezzlement scams Background
- Casino Operations knowledge
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to identify and report practical problems dealing with a variety of variables and situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
I have reviewed this Job Description with my immediate Supervisor and I understand the contents of it.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
Effective July 3, 2023, the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe no longer requires the COVID-19 Vaccination for any positions within the organization, to include Health Services.