Employer: Mohawk Council of Akwesasne
Job Type: Full Time
Industry(s): Mental Health, Health Services
About the Role:
- Job Title: Victim Support Worker
- Status: Full-Time
- Department: Akwesasne Community Justice Program Department of Justice
- Salary Level: HS05 ST 3 $52,043.59
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Under the general supervision of Program Manager of Akwesasne Community Justice Program. The incumbent is responsible for providing direct services; offer information emotional support and assist with making necessary referrals to programs, services, assist with paperwork. Provide Prevention Education and Awareness relating to Victims of Crime. Ensure clients receive services in a timely manner that initiates closure and incorporates Mohawk Traditional practices as well as healing through Traditional and non-Traditional practices. Maintain positive networking wit programs and services to assist Victims. Incumbent must be dedicated, outgoing, have an open mind to working with vulnerable families.
- Bachelors degree in law and security, criminal justice, social work, or related field
- Two-year college diploma in law and security, criminal justice, social work, or related field
- Minimum of two years of work experience in related field
How to Apply:
All interested applicants MUST submit all of the following documents:
- A cover letter
- Copies of all relevant certifications/ diplomas
- Status card (if applicable) and
- Three preferences submitted on Consent to Release Reference Check form, which can be found on the Akwesasne.ca website under Employment.
Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume. Native preference in hiring. A criminal record check is mandatory before start of employment. As a requirement of employment, all applicants must have a Canadian Social Insurance number. An eligibility list will be created for one year. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. MCA reserves the right to retract,
postpone, or revise employment opportunities at any time.
Submit application packages using one of the following methods (email preferred):
Mail: MCA Staffing Officer, PO Box 90, Akwesasne, Quebec H0M1A0
Drop Off: 10 Akwesasne St, Administration Building #3, Akwesasne Quebec H0M1A0
For more information or for assistance applying, contact Employment & Training Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (518) 358-9721.