Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
Industry(s): Education & Training
About the Role:
Job Code: 13-1511 Salary: $31,241.60 - $33,987.20
Status: Full-time Exempt: No
Location: Ionkwakiokwaroron Department: Education
Program: Employment & Training Services Reports To: Workforce Development Officer
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Workforce Development Officer the Workforce Support Specialist is responsible for the development, coordination and design of services to improve individual client skills to improve employment outcomes. The Workforce Support Specialist will work in a multi-disciplinary Division regarding the development, implementation, and coordination of educational services for individuals, couples, students, and/or families; with a focus on employment and training related services under the PL 102-477 plan and Tribal priorities outlined in the 477 plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Exhibit courtesy, professionalism, empathy, support, and knowledge of Education, and community services whilst interacting in-person, over the phone, or by email with clients, staff, and the public at the office, digitally, or during outreach and/or community events.
- Display an organized, safe, supportive environment to promote productivity, learning, and growth for clients and general community.
- Identify ways to increase awareness about the Educational services, programs and opportunities available to clients.
- Assist in maintaining client database, as well as internal referrals and following-up with the client and referring source.
- Orient client about the PL 102-477 services that are available through the Education Division, in addition to the explaining the policies and guidelines in a way that is easily understood by the client.
- Design, plan, organize, or direct orientation and training programs for employers or clients.
- Coordinate recruitment and placement of training program participants.
- Obtain, organize, or develop training/employment procedure manuals, guides, or course materials, such as handouts or visual materials.
- Assist in program development to develop executive potential among employees in entry-level positions.
- Write professional emails on behalf of clients and internal correspondence.
- Perform file and database audits, ensuring all information is up-to-date and entered for accurate reporting.
- Practice principles of teamwork and cooperation by collaborating with other professionals and programs in order to better serve our client population.
- Help clients navigate on-line applications, web browsers, and computer programs including but not limited to employment opportunities and job searches.
- Assist in accurately entering client progress and achievements, and labor-market information in a digital database that can retrieve statistics and facts for a monthly report.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and personnel files maintained within Education, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Exceptional customer service skills that include keen observation, listening abilities, and rapport building demeanor;
- Strong organizational and time management skills as multiple projects, events, and client requests may occur simultaneously;
- Working knowledge of all services, staff, and client-based resources that are offered throughout Akwesasne and surrounding areas;
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter and be able to work independently as needed.
- Must exhibit professional demeanor at all times.
- Strict confidentiality at all times due to the sensitive nature of information maintained within the office;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications, Google Applications, and keyboarding skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree (A.A.) from a two-year College or University in Education, Business, or Human Services or relate field with 1-2 years of professional experience preferred.
- OR High School graduate or equivalent with 2-5 years of professional experience working in Education, Employment or Human Services field.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Effective oral and written communication skills in English. High motivation for self and others. Basic knowledge of Education programs and operations. Computer testing in the applicable skills may be a requirement during the interview process.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driver abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor.
The successful candidate must:
- Pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed;
- Pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Health Services has adopted a “Vaccination Policy” that requires ONLY Health Service employees to be “Fully Vaccinated” against the Coronavirus. The Vaccine requirement DOES NOT apply to positions that are not Health Services employees. Health Service Applicants are not required to disclose their vaccination status at the time of application; however, they must do so upon becoming the successful candidate. The successful applicant must submit their proof of vaccination status or they may submit a Medical Exemption form upon being notified that they are the successful candidate. At that point, the policy will apply to them as though they were already employed.