Date & Time: February 27, 2023, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Location: Cornwall, Ontario
About this Training:
- Delivery Date: February 27th, 2023
- Delivery Method: In-person
- Training Length: 8 weeks
- Cost of Training: Free for eligible candidates
- Delivered by St. Lawrence College, at the Knights of Columbus, the Cooking & Catering program will help participants prepare for employment in restaurants, catering companies, hotels, hospitals, nursing homes and more. There will be a focus on food and key cooking techniques that will be both studied and practiced. Participants will learn knife skills, kitchen safety, meal preparation, and planning, and cooking methods.
- Safe Food Handling, CPR & First Aid, Smart Serve, WHMIS and Health & Safety
Pre-employment and soft skills:
- Teamwork, communication skills, self-awareness, workplace success, resume writing, job search techniques, interview preparation
- EOTB will assist participants in securing employment in the food and service industry. Ongoing coaching is provided to assist with transition to employment. Employers will receive a wage subsidy.
- EOTB will purchase training on behalf of eligible candidates. Financial assistance may be available for items such as transportation, daycare, work attire.
- Must be a Cornwall / SDG / PR or Akwesasne (ON) resident and be legally entitled to work in Canada and either be:
Unemployed / under-employed and 15-30 years of age with a barrier to employment
Identify as a women
- Candidates should call Job Zone d’emploi 613-933-9675, Glengarry Inter-Agency Group 613-525-1533, Centre de services à l’emploi 1-800-668-5950 or Akwesasne Career & Employment Support Services 613-575-2626