Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
Industry(s): Environmental, Agriculture
About the Role:
Job Code: 45-2093 Classification: Full Time (6-term month)
Exempt: yes Location: Environment Division
Department: Environment Reports to: Agriculture Program Manager
Salary : $15.02- $21.49
SUMMARY: The Agriculture Laborer is responsible for performing all labor related tasks involved with program activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include following:
The Agriculture Laborer will meet the aforementioned objectives by performing the following duties:
- Exhibit a friendly and courteous manner when dealing with the public and fellow associates.
- Construct and repair farm buildings, fences and other structures.
- Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, spray and harvest crops.
- Repair and maintain farm vehicles, implements, and mechanical equipment.
- Feed and care for livestock animals.
- Collect and transfer organic materials used for the production of compost.
- Inform Agriculture Supervisor of crop progress.
- Monitor and record conditions of compost and turn piles as necessary.
- Collect, wash, candle, package, and distribute eggs.
- Collect and transport livestock animals when needed.
- Perform manual tasks in the production of crops such as planting, weeding, pruning, and harvesting.
- Inform Supervisor of project activity and status.
- Maintain records of crop and livestock performance.
- Assist with the moving of objects that weigh over 50 pounds.
- Assist in the planning and design of future buildings and structure renovations
- Calculate material supply list for construction projects
- Maintain inventory of construction tools.
- Clean work areas, and maintain cleanliness around the grounds.
- Assist with loading agricultural products into trucks, and assist with the Farmer’s Market.
- Other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS: Limited supervision able to work independently or as a team.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: No formal education required.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written comprehension skills along with research skills required in conjunction with the following:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Using relevant information and individual judgement to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations or organic standards.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- A typical work hours.
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Overtime is a requirement for this position.
Possession of a valid Driver License in accordance with Fleet Policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
I have reviewed this Job Description with my immediate Supervisor and I understand the contents of it.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Health Services has adopted a “Vaccination Policy” that requires ONLY Health Service employees to be “Fully Vaccinated” against the Coronavirus. The Vaccine requirement DOES NOT apply to positions that are not Health Services employees. Health Service Applicants are not required to disclose their vaccination status at the time of application; however, they must do so upon becoming the successful candidate. The successful applicant must submit their proof of vaccination status or they may submit a Medical Exemption form upon being notified that they are the successful candidate. At that point, the policy will apply to them as though they were already employed.