Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
About the Role:
Job Code: 13-2031 Salary: $54,537.60 - $83,657.60
Status: Full-time, permanent, Exempt Location: Community Building
Department: Finance Reports To: Assistant Chief Financial Officer
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Assistant Chief Financial Officer, the Budget Analyst will play a critical role in the budget process, improvement, forecasting and development of the budget of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe. The Budget Analyst is responsible for preparing and analyzing internal financial reports utilizing MIP Accounting System software and Microsoft Office applications. In addition to the guidelines of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe policies and procedures, internal control standards and objectives by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Coordinate and prepare the annual operating budget process for the Tribal Government by updating the budget templates, budget packet, kick off meeting material and final budget rollup. Also provide guidance and technical assistance to programs/departments in the preparation of their annual budgets
- Responsible for accurate and timely development of budget calendar, detailed analysis of budget proposals and consolidation of overall budget
- Meet with Program Managers and Division Directors regularly to develop and maintain budgets
- Examine budget proposals for accuracy precision, completeness, and conformance with conventional procedures, policies, and organizational objectives
- Review and approve grant proposals circulated from Grants and Contracts
- Assist with preparation of budgets used in grant proposals as requested by Program Managers/Program Budget Preparers
- Administrator of Abila MIP Fund Accounting
- Examine both past/current budgets and research financial/economic developments that have an effect on the organizations spending habits
- Continually monitor the budget throughout the year and review all MIP reports and accounting records to determine whether or not all allocated funds have been spent as originally allotted
- Assist Program Managers/Directors in understanding variances that arise between approved budgets and actual expenditures and recommend a revised budget
- Administrator of vCube (budgeting and reporting software) and continually assists to develop budget software to accommodate growing needs of the organization
- Review and approve budget modifications
- Track Grant matching and in-kind requirements
- Train Program Managers/Directors on various financial reports offered in Abila MIP
- Responsible for the development of guidelines and policies governing the formulation and maintenance of the budget within MIP
- Assist with compiling information as requested for the annual audit
- Promote a positive image of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
- Perform other related duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year College or University in Accounting or related field and four years related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience (8 Years).
Knowledge of the Federal OMB guidelines, GASB and GAAP accounting standards and prior experience in Fund Accounting is preferred.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills including word, excel, and experience with varying databases. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have the ability to meet deadlines in a tight timeframe. Abila MIP Fund Accounting training is an asset but not required. Computer testing in the applicable skills may be a requirement during the interview process.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances and a criminal background check prior to employment being confirmed.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe has adopted a “Vaccination Policy” that requires all Health Service employees to be “Fully Vaccinated” against the Coronavirus. Applicants are not required to disclose their vaccination status at the time of application; however, they must do so upon becoming the successful candidate. The successful applicant must submit their proof of vaccination status or they may submit a Medical Exemption form upon being notified that they are the successful candidate. At that point, the policy will apply to them as though they were already employed.