Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
Industry(s): Health Services
About the Role:
Job Code: 21-1094 Salary Range: $15.02 – $22.59
Status: Full-Time Location: Health Services
Department/Program: Medical Clinic Reports to: Nurse Supervisor
Summary: Under clinical direction of a Nurse and general supervision from the Nurse Supervisors, Community Health Representative’s (CHR’s) perform a variety of health and care coordination functions needed in the continuum of healthcare for the Saint Regis Mohawk Health Services patients. The CHR does not provide acute or emergent visits for health evaluation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following:
- Conduct screening assessments and provide information on services they may be eligible for.
- Perform health screenings as part of a care plan which may include, but are not limited to, testing blood sugar levels, checking vital signs, home safety assessments, and foot screenings. This may be done in clinic or at community events.
- Make home visits to monitor the health status, public health needs and general well-being of Community members and their family members of all ages residing in the Community as directed by Supervisor/Provider.
- Inspect homes and assist clients with resources to improve safety, promote health, and reduce injury.
- Perform and document COVID-19 tests.
- Input Immunization data into multiple data systems.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare sterilization as required;
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.)
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls
- Draws blood (if certified)
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations.
- Interviews patients to obtain their medical history.
- Provide pulmonary function testing (upon certification)
- Coordinate activities and care between clients and the care team, including locating clients, delivering messages from providers, and reviewing instructions for self-care.
- Collaborate with the care team to make referrals to other resource agencies, crisis services and other health and social services.
- Conduct follow up phone calls on incomplete referral appointments and track for quality assurance.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information obtained, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Education and/or Experience: Personal Support Worker, Medical Assistant Certification or Certified Nursing Assistant. 1-year work experience in the health field preferred. Or High School Diplomas/GED and 2 years work experience in the health field and willing to obtain all necessary trainings.
Other Skills and Abilities: Communication both orally and written, Mohawk language and traditions are preferred, physically able to carry out the duties of the position, and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent Customer Service skills for all populations
- Excellent clerical skills with attention to detail
- Lift 25 pounds
- Willing to attend trainings and travel
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driver abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
The successful candidate must pass a drug test and criminal background check prior to employment.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
Effective July 3, 2023, the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe no longer requires the COVID-19 Vaccination for any positions within the organization, to include Health Services.