Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
Industry(s): Health Services
About the Role:
Job Code: 21-1094 Salary: $15.02 - $22.59
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt Location: Health Services
Department: Medical Clinic Reports to: Nurse Supervisor
Summary: Under clinical direction of a Nurse and general supervision from the Nurse Supervisors, Community Health Representative’s (CHR’s) perform a variety of health and care coordination functions needed in the continuum of healthcare for the Saint Regis Mohawk Health Services patients. The CHR does not provide acute or emergent visits for health evaluation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Screen clients for appropriate services and follow a written plan of care when providing services.
- Perform health screenings as part of a care plan which may include, but are not limited to, testing blood sugar levels, checking vital signs, home safety assessments, and foot screenings.
- Make home visits to monitor the health status, public health needs and general well- being of Community members and their family members of all ages residing in the Community.
- Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens.
- Transfer, reposition, and assist with or provide personal care as needed within program standards.
- Assist with medication management and self-administration.
- Inspect homes and assist clients with resources to improve safety, promote health, and reduce injury.
- Perform and document COVID-19 tests.
- Input Immunization data into multiple data systems.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare
- sterilization as required; Properly disposes of contaminated supplies
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.)
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls
- Draws blood (if certified)
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations.
- Interviews patients to obtain their medical history.
- Provide pulmonary function testing (upon certification)
- Records patient medical history, vital statistics, and test results in patient medical files.
- Care Coordination
- Coordinate activities and care between clients and the care team, including locating clients, delivering messages from providers, and reviewing instructions for self-care.
- Collaborate with the care team to make referrals to other resource agencies, crisis services and other health and social services.
- Assists clients during appointments for health-related needs.
- Helps clients identify a support network to provide day to day care.
- Ensure referrals process is complete.
- Report evaluation findings to the care team.
- Document and report activities accurately and in a timely manner, consistent with plan of care.
- Participate in coordination of home health services with Registered Nurse, clinical and interdisciplinary teams.
- Inform, educate, and empower patients and families/caregivers regarding health issues using evidence-based resources defined by standard operating procedures.
- Accepts other duties as assigned
- Complete CHR Basic Training within six months of hire date, and complete the refresher courses as required.
- Maintain safe and healthy working environment and uses safe work methods and procedures in accordance with program standards.
- Complete additional training as needed and provided through CHR national site.
- Able to work in all Health Services facilities as requested
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: Personal Support Worker, Medical Assistant Certification or Certified Nursing Assistant. 1-year work experience in the health field preferred. Or High School Diplomas/GED and 2 years work experience in the health field and willing to obtain all necessary trainings.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Communication both orally and written, Mohawk language and traditions are preferred, physically able to carry out the duties of the position, and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent Customer Service skills for all populations
- Excellent clerical skills with attention to detail
- Lift 25 pounds
- Willing to attend trainings and travel
- Strong interpersonal, communication and administration skills are essential.
REASONING ABILITY: Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driver abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy. Successful candidate must pass criminal background check and submit to a drug screening.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Health Services has adopted a “Vaccination Policy” that requires ONLY Health Service employees to be “Fully Vaccinated” against the Coronavirus. The Vaccine requirement DOES NOT apply to positions that are not Health Services employees. Health Service Applicants are not required to disclose their vaccination status at the time of application; however, they must do so upon becoming the successful candidate. The successful applicant must submit their proof of vaccination status or they may submit a Medical Exemption form upon being notified that they are the successful candidate. At that point, the policy will apply to them as though they were already employed.