Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
About the Role:
Job Code: 35-1012 Salary: $15.02 - $23.27
Status: Non-Exempt: Full-Time Location: ACDP-Partridge House
Department: Health Services Reports To: Program Coordinator
Summary: Under the direction of the Inpatient Program Coordinator, the per diem Cook will prepare meals and follow establishment recipes. Duties include preparing ingredients, adhering to a weekly menu.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for maintaining all confidentiality standards and regulations of all prospective clients (e.g., federal, state, and tribal).
- Knows and understands all house policies, rules and operating procedures of the Partridge House Inpatient Program relating to patient care and reports any violation of any of these to his/her supervisor or a Clinical Staff Member (Counselor, Program Coordinator, or Clinical Director), as soon as possible.
- Performs all duties in an ethical manner and complies with all ethical standards of SRMT.
- Practice universal precaution: hand washing, wearing gloves, and hairnets.
- Preparation of meals for clients as needed (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), and snacks between meals to meet OASAS regulations.
- Follow prepared menus developed by the Cook and Dietician.
- Understands the importance of the dietary needs of clients in early recovery.
- Understands how to prepare food for people who have diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, kidney disease, obesity, etc.
- Responsible for proper food handling, labeling, and proper storage.
- Responsible for following daily schedule for meal times and the cleaning of appliances and food preparation area.
- Maintain inventory of kitchen essentials: food, cleaning supplies, gloves, meal settings.
- Professional Boundaries: fellow employees and clients, are to be treated with respect, courtesy, fairness, and cooperation;
- Competence: staff are to understand and recognize the boundaries and limitations of their professional competence;
- Client Welfare: client welfare is always the first priority- any conflict on the unit that interferes client welfare or results in a client feeling unsafe is to be reported to a supervisor as soon as possible;
- Other duties, as assigned by the Program Coordinator and Clinical Director.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information obtained, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or GED.
Experience in food preparation and janitorial skills.
Minimum of two years of sobriety (if a recovering person).
CPR/First Aid Certified (or willing to be certified within the first three months of work).
Pass a medical screening, complete with PPD testing, and a current flu shot.
Knowledge of treatment setting and understanding of 12 step self-help programs is an asset.
Other Skills and Abilities: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills including word, excel, and experience with varying databases. Computer testing in the applicable skills may be a requirement during the interview process.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
The successful candidate must pass a drug test and criminal background check prior to employment.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
Effective July 3, 2023, the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe no longer requires the COVID-19 Vaccination for any positions within the organization, to include Health Services.