Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
Industry(s): Health Services
About the Role:
Job Code: 29-1215 Salary: $92,414.40 - $245,044.80
Status: Exempt, Full-time, Permanent Location: Health Services
Department: Medical Clinic Reports To: Medical Director
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Medical Director or designee, provides primary medical care to patients of all ages and genders throughout all stages of life.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the continued implementation of the Patient Centered Medical Home Model in Primary Care
- Completes initial assessment and evaluation of new patients.
- Provides ongoing monitoring of patient’s medical condition and provides treatment.
- Orders prescription medications and diagnostic procedures.
- Authorizes and coordinates all specialty and ancillary services.
- Provides in-service staff development and clinical teaching of trainees rotating through the Medical practice.
- Provides medical oversight and consultation to nurses, nurse practitioners and physician assistants as needed
- Participates in the development of such programs as preventive health screening, immunization program, professional community outreach, quality assurance, etc.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team activities, including case conferences, hospitalization reports, family and team meetings.
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, or examination results.
- Complete all documentation in a timely manner that adheres to the organization’s policies.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: There are no supervisory requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform each essential function.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from an accredited school of medicine
- Completion of a residency program in Family or Internal Medicine
- Current DEA certificate
- New York State Licensure
- Board certified or board eligible
- Current BLS Certification
- 3 years’ experience in a primary or family care setting is preferred.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Strong communication skills with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person. Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Compassion – Physicians deal with patients who are sick or injured and may be in extreme pain or distress. Physicians must be able to treat patients and their families with compassion and understanding.
- Physicians must ensure that patients are receiving appropriate treatment and medications. They must also monitor and record various pieces of information related to patient care.
- Organizational skill – strong organization skill including good recordkeeping are critical in medical settings.
- Patients – Physicians may work for long periods with patients who need special attention. Children and adult patients who fear medical treatment may require more patience.
- Problem-Solving Skills - Physicians need to evaluate patients’ symptoms and administer the appropriate treatments. They often need to do this quickly in order to save a patient’s life.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
Effective July 3, 2023, the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe no longer requires the COVID-19 Vaccination for any positions within the organization, to include Health Services.