Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
Industry(s): Health Services
About the Role:
Job Code: 29-1215 Salary: $92,414.40 - $245,044.80
Status: Exempt, Full-time, Permanent Location: Health Services
Department: Medical Clinic Reports To: Health Director
SUMMARY: The Medical Director is responsible for monitoring and improving the level of care provided and help reduce operating costs of the healthcare facility over time. Medical Director is also responsible for participant care, clinical outcomes, and the implementation and oversight of the quality assessment and performance improvement program. Additionally, will work closely with the management team to implement strategies that enhance patient care and improve the health center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advise, administer, supervise and perform work in the functional fields of medicine (clinical, preventative, training, administration, etc.) and in the specialty fields of medicine (general practice, internal medicine surgery) as applicable
- Provide written protocols for which the mid-level practitioners, along with the nursing staff are to follow as standard procedure.
- Participates in the Case Management System and plays an instrumental role in the Health Care team
- Plays an active role in the Behavioral Health case reviews.
- Participates in Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Committee.
- Determine the need for off-site care and authorizes appropriate referrals.
- Actively involved in recruitment and evaluation of Medical Staff.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, or examination results.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Refer patients to specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
- Plan, implement, or administer health programs or standards in communities for prevention or treatment of injury or illness.
- Develop, implement and evaluate medical services and policies
- Implement change management plans to engage and support Physicians and staff members
- Implement procedures that look to advance technology and data use
- Provide supervision to Physicians, Mid-Level Practitioners
- Monitor and approve ADP requests
- Provide continuous evaluations
- Provide oversight to Registered Nurses competencies within scope of practice
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform each essential function.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- New York State License to practice and Doctor in Medicine (MD) degree from an accredited college with residency completion and 10 years clinical experience.
- Board certification in family or internal medicine or eligible.
- 5 years’ experience in primary or family care setting preferred
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person. Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Compassion – Physicians deal with patients who are sick or injured and may be in extreme pain or distress. Physicians must be able to treat patients and their families with compassion and understanding.
- Physicians must ensure that patients are receiving appropriate treatment and medications. They must also monitor and record various pieces of information related to patient care.
- Organizational skill – strong organization skill including good recordkeeping are critical in medical settings.
- Patients – Physicians may work for long periods with patients who need special attention. Children and adult patients who fear medical treatment may require more patience.
- Problem-Solving Skills - Physicians need to evaluate patients’ symptoms and administer the appropriate treatments. They often need to do this quickly in order to save a patient’s life.
- Other duties as necessary
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
Effective July 3, 2023, the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe no longer requires the COVID-19 Vaccination for any positions within the organization, to include Health Services.