Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
Industry(s): Health Services
About the Role:
Job Code: 43-4171 Salary: $15.02 - $19.26
Exempt: Non-exempt, Full-time Location: Health Services
Department: Health Services, Medical Clinic Reports To: Office Manager
SUMMARY: Provides duties that support efficiency and consistency in delivering of program services for Health Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provides daily scheduling and management of patient appointments booking, cancellations, and reminders for Health Service programs,
- Greet all persons coming into the facility in a friendly manner, direct visitors to appropriate personnel, if appropriate personnel are busy at the moment, the Receptionist/Assistant will offer the visitor a seat in the waiting area or if available directly to an exam room,
- Register and verify patients when patient registration is unavailable,
- Use and access the Ereq system for ordering supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Deliver messages to key personnel in a timely manner,
- Participates in all program efforts, especially those that require assistance to produce brochures, communication tools and contact outside agencies,
- Participates in the promotion of all Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe and Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Health Services polices and procedures for daily operations and in support of professional services to the community,
- Strictly uphold the confidentiality of clients, employees and agency business within and outside of the agency;
- Be able to provide clerical support as needed or when other support staff are away from the office such as filing, submitting one call,
- Be flexible and dependable in regards to work schedule adjustments to accommodate program and participant needs;
- Use and access One Call Now to submit reminders via text or phone call,
- Cover front reception as requested answering phones and bringing prescription medications to the curbside pick-up
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position,
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Able to provide friendly customer service and work various schedules;
- Effective oral and written communication skills,
- Must have strong clerical and organizational skills,
- Ability to interact well with the general public and people of all ages,
- Punctuality is a must,
- Be flexible in the work setting as the day demands,
- Local IHS health care system operations knowledge
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED with 1-year office experience
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required must present with a friendly attitude and be able to work with a variety of clientele. Must have computer skills for documentation purposes.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be at least 21 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
Effective July 3, 2023, the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe no longer requires the COVID-19 Vaccination for any positions within the organization, to include Health Services.