Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
Industry(s): Health Services
About the Role:
Job Code: 29-2072 Salary: $31,241.60 - $65,894.40
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt Location: Health Services
Department: Business Office Reports to: Accounts Receivable Supervisor
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Accounts Receivable Supervisor, the Patient Registration Coordinator in Patient Registration will gather and enter the necessary patient visit information and promote positive public relations with patients at Health Services in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal and regulatory requirements in all areas of the Business Office. Patient Registration assumes responsibility for registration of all patients who present for health services to ensure timely and accurate billing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date registration information for all patients who present for health services in the Resource Patient Management System (RPMS) patient registration application and the Resolve system.
- Verify and update patient registration, eligibility for services, demographic information, and insurance information using online web portals for each encounter; an entry on the notes page in the registration editor needs to be documented as to when the patient was last updated and by whom.
- Verifies and updates eligibility and insurance coverage for emergency department/urgent care log.
- Maintain proper telephone etiquette when answering, transferring or making phone calls.
- Deal with patient issues/concerns in a professional manner.
- Ensure the accurate completion of all required registration forms are scanned into the patient chart.
- Check in patients who have an appointment using the RPMS scheduling application; a registration slip will be issued to the patient and patient will be sent to their appointment; and the patient’s name will be checked-off on the printed daily schedule.
- Schedules the patient with on-site insurance enroller; prepares and mails alternate resources letter to non-insured patients so they comply with Health Services alternate resource policy.
- Processes new patient registration forms, proof of address forms, medical hardship applications, primary care provider forms, managed care opt out forms, and Partridge House admission applications.
- Processes Medicare reimbursements and schedules the patient with Medicare Savings Program on- site enroller.
- Verify insurance information for invoices received for ambulatory services.
- Trains new/inexperienced staff in patient registration practices.
- Assists in the development and modification of Business Office policies and procedures.
- Attends meetings/trainings as requested by the Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
- Assures HIPAA compliance with regard to patient registration practices.
- Other related duties as assigned (including Health Information Management, Purchased Referred Care, Third Party Billing, Accounts Payable/Receivable, and Referrals).
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and personnel files maintained within Human Resources, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma/GED and one-year medical office or billing experience, certificate in Office Administration or related preferred.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills including word and excel.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed. The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
The successful candidate must complete a PPD test.
I have reviewed this Job Description with my immediate Supervisor and I understand the contents of it.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Health Services has adopted a “Vaccination Policy” that requires ONLY Health Service employees to be “Fully Vaccinated” against the Coronavirus. The Vaccine requirement DOES NOT apply to positions that are not Health Services employees. Health Service Applicants are not required to disclose their vaccination status at the time of application; however, they must do so upon becoming the successful candidate. The successful applicant must submit their proof of vaccination status or they may submit a Medical Exemption form upon being notified that they are the successful candidate. At that point, the policy will apply to them as though they were already employed.