Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
About the Role:
Job Code: 31-9095 Status: Full-time Permanent
Exempt: No Location: SRMT Health Clinic
Department: Pharmacy Reports To: Lead Pharmacy Technician
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Pharmacist on duty, the Pharmacist Clerk duties will include assisting customers with their prescriptions, stocking inventory, receiving telephone calls, taking messages, and forwarding calls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITLES:
- Capability to assist patients at the pharmacy pickup window or the customer service window.
- Scan and hand out prescriptions, sort and organize prescriptions, identify correct patient by asking for two identifiers such as date of birth, address, and telephone number.
- To adhere strictly to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act/HIPAA regulations.
- Answer phones to process refill requests and assist patients with any questions or concerns they may have.
- Learn computer entry to determine if refills are available to patients.
- Divert all counselling questions to the pharmacist on duty.
- Help with inventory maintenance.
- Process ten day returns in the Script Pro system; refund the insurance company for the fill, add the product back into inventory and return the product to the shelf.
- Reports to Lead Pharmacy Technician for work schedule and days off to avoid conflicts.
- Capability to work under Pharmacist on Duty including technician’s duties in their absence. Including inputting, filling, putting away orders, morning report etc.
- Flexibility to work during various Health Service hours.
- Capability to check prescriptions that are ready for pickup, monthly to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for completing all mandatory and regulatory training programs.
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Pharmacy Technician or the Pharmacist on Duty.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Knowledge of pharmaceuticals preferred, and High School diploma or equivalent.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Communication both orally and written and knowledge of Mohawk language and traditions is preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.