Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
Industry(s): Mental Health
About the Role:
Job Code: 21-1093
Location: A/CDP Partridge House
Department: SRMHS A/CDP
Reports To: RA Supervisor
Summary: Under the direction of the Resident Aide Supervisor, the Resident Aide will work collaboratively with all staff to ensure a safe, supportive, and trauma-informed environment. Responsible for monitoring activities, transporting residents to outside activities, and providing programming.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Know and understand all house policies, rules and operating procedures of the Partridge House Inpatient Program relating to resident care and report any violations of any of these to his/her supervisor or a Clinical Staff Member (Counselor, Program Coordinator or Clinical Director), as soon as possible.
- Maintain all confidentiality standards and regulations (e.g. federal, state, and tribal).
- Monitors all the activities and status of all residents, assuring an environment that is supportive and safe.
- Ensure that rounds of the entire building are completed as scheduled, including visual checks of all clients.
- Completes all documentation (e.g. Daily Log, Behavioral Notes) in a timely and concise manner.
- Monitors visitors to the Program (e.g. Family Education, Visitation). Denies admittance to anyone under the influence of alcohol/other drugs. Asks any disruptive person to leave the premises.
- Transport residents to outside activities. Provide support/encouragement to residents while on outings.
- Supervise and log in medications taken by residents when needed.
- Assists with alcohol and other drug detection activities (e.g. Breathalyzer, Urine Drug Screen) when needed.
- Answers the telephone and logs all calls made by and received for residents.
- Other duties as assigned by the Evening/Night Shift Supervisor, Program Coordinator, or Clinical Director.
- Perform all duties in an ethical manner and comply with all ethical standards of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe.
- Report any conflict that interferes with the welfare of a resident or causes them to feel unsafe.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to work evening, nights, weekends, and holidays. Flexible schedule is a must.
- Knowledge of addiction treatment settings and an understanding of 12 Step support programs are assets.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License
- Good reading, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of 16 months sobriety acceptable but 2 years preferred (if a recovering person).
- Must not abuse any substances if a non-recovering person.
- CPR/First Aid Certified (or willing to be certified).
- Pass a medical screening, have a negative PPD, and a current flu shot.
- Must be able to assist in an emergency situation.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
REASONING ABILITY: The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing as appropriate for the audience so others will understand. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status, or any other non-job related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe has adopted a “Tribal Employee Vaccination Policy” that requires all employees to be “Fully Vaccinated” against the Coronavirus. Applicants are not required to disclose their vaccination status at the time of application; however, they must do so upon becoming the successful candidate. The successful applicant must submit their proof of vaccination status, apply for a Medical Exemption or begin the vaccination process. If the successful applicant is not vaccinated, they will be required to receive their first vaccine dose prior to starting employment and must receive their second dose, if applicable, within 30 days of employment.