Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
Industry(s): Health Services
About the Role:
JOB CODE: 29-1141
Salary: $27.29 - $41.03
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Health Services
Department: Medical Clinic
Reports To: Nurse Supervisor
SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse/Patient Service Navigator will be responsible for ensuring a care plan is in place helping the patient reach his/her health goals. Will be responsible for coordinating patient care activities for at risk individuals with clinically significant illness. Navigation refers to the assistance offered to health care consumers (patients, survivors, families and caregivers) assisting to chart a course through the healthcare system and overcome any barriers to quality care. The nurse will guide and assist patients and their families move through the complexities of the healthcare systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work with the healthcare team to identify any patient with a new significant health diagnosis.
· Act as a liaison between the service providers and advocate for patient.
· Regularly review the patient’s progress toward goals.
· Coordinate with various service providers to ensure the fulfillment of the patient’s needs.
· Knowledgeable about the availability of resources and process to access needed resources. Contact surrounding areas of specialty care to learn of services.
· Assist patients with appointment information (i.e., directions to the appointment, handicapped accessibility, language barriers) to health specialists.
· Transport patients to medical appointments if needed.
· Assist and research the disease for patient education.
· Provide follow-up care and pre-planning for the next appointment.
· Work and report on new patients with Clinic Coordinator.
· Will be expected to complete trainings as assigned.
· Participate in establishing the plan of treatment through direct communications with the patient’s medical provider
· Explain the function of the health team members who will implement the plan of treatment to the patient
· Assist patient in determining which services they are eligible for and how to obtain
· Completes Prior Authorizations.
· Assist in any covid testing and vaccine administration clinics as needed.
· Work with hospitals on discharge plans for patients.
· Act as Liaison to Early Learning Center to review Nursing Policies on an annual basis and participate as part of Health Committee
· Works with Community Health Representatives to deliver informal education topics and sessoins
· Performs as Staff Nurse during times of staffing shortage
· Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Registered Nurse from accredited nursing program in the United States, NYS licensure and Two years related experience, Experience in chronic disease case management preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Communication both orally and written, Mohawk language and traditions is preferred, physically able to carry out the duties of the position, and Confidentiality.
REASONING ABILITY: Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driver abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy. Successful candidate must pass criminal background check and submit to a drug screening.