Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
About the Role:
Job Code: 33-9032 Salary: Part Time, Permanent
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt Location: Ionkwakiohkwaróron
Department: Office of Emergency Management and Safety Reports To: OEMS Security Manager
Salary Range: $15.02 - $23.74
Summary: Protects organization assets and works towards ensuring a safe environment for visitors and employees of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe (SRMT).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with the public and employees;
- Provides security at various postings through all Tribal programs and buildings to maintain order and security checks;
- Assisting persons in need of directions, also escorting people to desired destinations if needed;
- Protect the organization’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety issues;
- Conducts frequent perimeter checks at the all Tribal facilities including rentals by patrolling assigned areas on foot or mobile to check for fires, vandalisms, or suspicious and unusual activities, checking of walls, doors and windows of the entire facility to ensure they are firmly closed and locked;
- Submitting of information to security supervisor for broken doors and windows;
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Observing activities and traffic in assigned area;
- Alerting employees or visitors of possible infractions such as smoking, loitering or carrying forbidden articles,
- Observe departing employees and visitors to protect against theft of organization property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate requirements;
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities;
- Deciding when a particular incident is needed to be reported to supervisors or call for emergency services;
- Assisting law enforcement officers with crowd control and surveillance activities;
- Respond to calls for assistance from departments throughout SRMT while communicating with emergency services;
- Respond and provide medical assistance to medical emergencies and administer First Aid/CPR;
- Enforcing of Tribal policies and procedures;
- Keep a daily log of duties, activities and events;
- Maintain strict confidentiality;
- Other duties as assigned;
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisory responsibilities
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Participates in job related training and courses to maintain skills knowledge and abilities necessary to perform their duties.
Education and Experience
- A High School Diploma or GED required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- A professional demeanor and excellent communication skills are required to interact with all levels of organization personnel and outside contacts.
- The ability to diplomatically resolve potentially disruptive situations is essential;
- The ability to produce accurate, concise and detailed reports;
- The ability to prioritize responsibilities and maintain composure while dealing with frequent distractions is required. Multi-tasking is a must;
- Must be able to work a variable schedule with possible overtime;
- A working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office applications is required;
- Successful applicants must meet the requirements of the SRMT Fleet Policy;
- This position is security and safety sensitive. If offered the position, candidate will need to meet the requirements for a NYS Security Guard License which include a New York DCJS and FBI background check and fingerprinting;
- Physical requirements include continuous walking, occasional lifting (up to 30 lbs), occasional bending and frequent driving;
- Promote and work in a team-based setting;
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations: Must obtain and maintain a NYS Security Guard license within 90 days of hire, must obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR within 60 days of hire, must have a clean driver’s abstract and follow the SRMT fleet policy.
8 Hour Pre-Assignment Training- A general introductory course. You must complete this within 14 days of employment as a security guard.
16 Hour On-The-Job Training (OJT) - A course relevant to the duties of guards, requirements of the work site, and the needs of the employer. You must complete this training within 90 days of employment as a security guard.
8 Hour Annual In-Service Training - This course must be completed each calendar year you hold a security guard registration. Your registration is issued for two years; therefore, you must complete two 8 Hour Annual In-Service training courses within your registration effective and expiration dates to be eligible for renewal.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. The associate must occasionally move or physically restrain people.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. Must occasionally deal with unruly or angry people. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions as per the perimeter check requirement.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driver abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed. The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
Effective July 3, 2023, the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe no longer requires the COVID-19 Vaccination for any positions within the organization, to include Health Services.