Employer: Saint Regis Mohkaw Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
Industry(s): Health Services
About the Role:
JOB CODE: 29-1141/29-2061 SALARY: $27.29 - $41.03 / $17.09 - $22.59
STATUS: Full-time, Non-exempt DEPARTMENT: Medical Clinic
LOCATION: Medical Clinic REPORTS TO: Nurse Supervisor
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse under the direction of the Nursing Supervisor will collaborate with all members of the health care team to develop and maintain a high quality of nursing care. The RN/LPN will be accountable for the delivery of high-quality patient care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uphold the value and integrity of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe's Mission Statement
- Comply with Ethics and Compliance Policy; and Customer Care/HIPPA in all patient’s interactions
- Demonstrates professional responsibility
- Provide age/diagnostic specific patient care
- Apply job knowledge and critical thinking to patient care
- Knowledge of all medical equipment
- Follow medical orders and administer medications in a satisfactory manner
- Follow emergency protocol and ability to follow through effectively with capability to respond to emergency situations as needed
- Provide complete documentation per protocol and effective communication techniques
- Provides education to patients, families, and community
- Balance individual responsibilities with team needs
- Demonstrates knowledge and awareness of Safety and Infection Control Awareness of Performance Improvement and Development
- Admit patient to clinic area, obtain pertinent medical history and an initial assessment of patient condition
- Assist Physicians, Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant with all procedures and treatments
- Ability to provide other duties appropriate to the efficient operation of the medical center
- Participate in rotations to become knowledgeable and skillful in all departments
- Must be able to conduct COVID collections
- Provide nursing care in person, group settings, phone triage, home settings
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and interaction with people within Health Services, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Registered Nurse from an accredited nursing program with a current NY State License or current Licensure in NYS as a Licensed Practical Nurse and 1 year of hospital like experience. Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurse applicants will be given equal consideration for employment. Two years of hospital-like experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required; knowledge of Mohawk Language and traditions preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience so others will understand. The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background and test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe has adopted a “Vaccination Policy” that requires all Health Service employees to be “Fully Vaccinated” against the Coronavirus. Applicants are not required to disclose their vaccination status at the time of application; however, they must do so upon becoming the successful candidate. The successful applicant must submit their proof of vaccination status or they may submit a Medical Exemption form upon being notified that they are the successful candidate. At that point, the policy will apply to them as though they were already employed.