Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Full Time
Country: United States
Industry(s): Health Services
About the Role:
JOB CODE: 29-1141/29-2061 SALARY: $27.29 - $41.03/$17.09 - $22.59
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Full-Time Permanent
LOCATION: Medical Clinic
DEPARTMENT: Health Services
REPORTS TO: Nurse Supervisor
SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse under the direction of the Nursing Supervisor will collaborate with all members of the health care team to develop and maintain a high quality of nursing care. The RN/LPN will be accountable for the delivery of high-quality patient care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Uphold the value and integrity of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe's Mission Statement
· Comply with Ethics and Compliance Policy; and Customer Care/HIPPA in all patient’s interactions
· Provides care for all stages of life
· Provide age/diagnostic specific patient care
· Apply job knowledge and critical thinking to patient care
· Knowledge of all medical equipment
· Follow medical orders and administer medications in a satisfactory manner
· Follow emergency protocol and ability to follow through effectively with capability to respond to emergency situations as needed
· Provide complete documentation per protocol and effective communication techniques in all systems used
· Provides education to patients, families, and community in clinical and home settings
· Balance individual responsibilities with team needs
· Demonstrates knowledge and awareness of Safety and Infection Control Awareness of Performance Improvement and Development
· Admit patient to clinic area, obtain pertinent medical history and an initial assessment of patient condition
· Assist Physicians, Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant with all procedures and treatments
· Ability to provide other duties appropriate to the efficient operation of the medical center
· Participate in rotations to become knowledgeable and skillful in all departments
· Must be able to conduct COVID collections
· May be required to alternate in all Health Services Facilities
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and interaction with people within Health Services, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Registered Nurse from an accredited nursing program with a current NY State License or current Licensure in NYS as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurse applicants will be given equal consideration for employment. Two years of hospital-like experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required; knowledge of Mohawk Language and traditions preferred. Flexibility in work schedule as variations may occur and Saturday rotations will be expected.
REASONING ABILITY: The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience so others will understand. The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists.
The successful candidate must pass a drug test and criminal background check prior to employment.