Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Job Type: Part Time
Country: United States
About the Role:
Job Code: 25-9042 Reports To: Child Care Supervisor
Status: Part-time, Permanent Exempt: No
Location: ELC Department: Education
SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Child Care Supervisor, the Teacher Aid is responsible for providing children with a safe, comfortable environment enriched with a variety of hands on, age appropriate activities that meet best practice standards and enhance each child’s level of development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Adhere to all policies, standards, and procedures as dictated by Tribal Personnel Policies, NYS OCFS Child Care Licensing Regulations, the ELC Behavior Management Plan, the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct, PL102-477 regulations and all other applicable regulations pertaining to health, safety and sanitation.
- Work alongside the Education and Disabilities Coordinator and Child Care Supervisor to implement curriculum, ensuring developmentally appropriate practices at all times.
- Effectively communicate information regarding development and learning, scheduling, duties, and all other relevant information with the Teacher Aid and/or administrative staff.
- Create and maintain an accurate and updated profile on the Aspire Registry. Participate in all professional development requirements and maintain an Individual Professional Development Portfolio.
- Collaborate with other staff to provide safe and developmentally engaging After Care services for children after program day has ended.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A High School Diploma or GED is required a willingness to complete a CDA.
- A minimum of one-year experience working in an early childhood setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Mohawk language and traditions is preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
- Exhibit a friendly and courteous manner while maintaining a high level of professionalism in relationships with children, families, visitors, colleagues, other staff members, management, and community members.
- Positively deal with crisis situations. Deal with hostile, aggressive persons or situations.
- Be aware and sensitive to the needs that may arise when handling stressful and demanding circumstances. Immediate debriefing will be made available.
- Assist in maintaining a safe working environment in the ELC.
- Promote a positive image of the ELC and foster a climate of respect and integrity.
- Ability to implement regulations that govern programs for young children; acknowledging that all staff will cooperate to implement a program that far exceeds minimum regulations.
- Ability to ensure that the rights and needs of children are the highest priority, while also recognizing the needs of other family members.
- To contribute to the ongoing review, evaluation and modification of services as needed by the community, families and children.
- To provide information about the services of the program to the community and to engage staff in cooperative problem solving, planning and continuing evaluation of themselves and the program.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. The SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant. The SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed. The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe has adopted a “Tribal Employee Vaccination Policy” that requires all employees to be “Fully Vaccinated” against the Coronavirus. Applicants are not required to disclose their vaccination status at the time of application; however, they must do so upon becoming the successful candidate. The successful applicant must submit their proof of vaccination status or they may submit a Medical Exemption form upon being notified that they are the successful candidate. At that point, the policy will apply to them as though they were already employed.